Articles and latest bulletins related to our rallies
Fully Automatic Defibrillator (AED)
The Derbyshire Centre Committee are proud to announce to our members that we have purchased a Fully Automatic Defibrillator (AED)
Our Chairman presented the Defibrillator to the Marshals on this weekends Kings Coronation Rally at Lee’s Meadow Farm.
The Defibrillator that has been purchased has the following features:
- Fully automatic defibrillator (AED) for treatment of Sudden Cardiac Arrest (SCA)
- Clear illuminated images on the unit and calm voice prompts will help guide untrained people and fully trained responders alike
- Ambient noise detector adjusts volume accordingly
- Compact and easy to carry and comes with a carry case
- Simple switch from adult to child mode
Further information will also be provided to marshals and we are in the process of finalising the logistics.
In the recent few weeks, 3 Derbyshire Centre members have suffered heart attacks, with one member Stephen Parrish sadly passing away. I am sure you will agree that the Defibrillator is a vital piece of life saving equipment needed in the rally kit
The Committee are also discussing the sourcing of a second AED and are looking into various funding options.