Articles and latest bulletins related to our rallies
Payment of Rallies
The Committee has agreed that as a Centre, payments of all rallies will now be completed online. Whilst this may sound daunting, since the new website launch, we have seen a surge in payments being made online with members adapting well to this approach. It also removes the cash handling for Rally Marshals and allows us to pay Landowners via bank transfer. The payment options cover all major credit and debit cards as well as Paypal.
It is with regret we have seen an increase in late rally cancellations or no shows. Whilst we have never enforced the £5 non-attendance fee, it is now required for either a deposit or full payment to be made at the time of booking on a rally.
Incentive vouchers will move to redeeming online for 2023 rallies and will be issued via email to a member. Current vouchers can be redeemed up until the end of 2022, after this a member can contact the Treasurer and exchange any outstanding vouchers for online ones.
2023 will also see a major change in how Centres manage Rallies on Club Sites for which the CAMC have issued new rules to adopt.
Please see below for the rules for booking non club site rallies, club site rallies and incentive vouchers.
Non Club Site Rallies
1. At point of booking, members will have the option of paying in full or paying a £5 deposit, all online, however if booking less than 28 days of rally start, payment is required in full as the deposit option is removed.
2. 14 days before rally the rally start date, any outstanding balances need to be paid unless otherwise stated at the time of booking. Paypal / Credit card payment reminders will be sent members 14 days before the 14 day cut off (4 weeks before the rally start date).
3. Derbyshire Centre Rally Secretary / Treasurer will be liaising with landowners to arrange a bank transfer for site fees after the rally had ended.
4. If a member cancels a rally 7 days prior to the rally start date, they will receive a refund of 95% of the amount paid.
5. Any member cancelling a rally less than 7 days they will receive a refund 95% of the amount paid less a £5 fine for late cancellation. Unfortunately, this is something we now need to enforce due to a rise in cancellations at short notice.
6. If a rally is cancelled for any reason, a full refund will be issued to all members booked on the rally.
Club Site Rallies (Clumber Park / Carsington / Poolsbrook)
1. At point of booking, members will have the option of paying in full or paying a £10 non-refundable deposit, all online.
2. 30 days before rally the rally start date, any outstanding balances need to be paid. Paypal / Credit card payment reminders will be sent members 14 days before the 30 day cut off (approximately 6 weeks before the rally start date).
3. Derbyshire Centre will pay sites no later than 21 days before the rally start date.
4. Members bookings are passed over to the CAMC and bookings may appear on your CAMC profile. Although payment details are managed by the Derbyshire Centre, balances outstanding maybe incorrect on your CAMC profile due to it being a rally. No action is required for further payments.
5. Any rally cancelled after the payment by the Derbyshire Centre has been made to the site will not be refunded. The only exception to this would be if another member comes forward to book on the rally, paying the Centre to allow the cancelled member to be refunded. This has been set by the CAMC.
6. Any rally where payment has not been made by the 30 days deadline prior to the rally starting will cancelled.
Using incentive vouchers to pay for a Rally
1. Incentive vouchers are now issue by email from the Treasurer with a unique one-time code.
2. These vouchers can be redeemed at checkout when booking a rally online.
3. Instructions on how to redeem vouchers will be included in the email sent to the member.
4. Vouchers are valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
5. Only one voucher can be redeemed per rally booking.
6. Any member with old vouchers that have not been redeemed, please contact the Treasurer where an exchange will be made.
7. As from 1st January 2023, vouchers can only be redeemed online and at the point of checkout.
Please do not hesitate to contact the Treasurer at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or require any further clarification.